A recent legal victory has given Kenya s gay community
They also suffer sexual abuse from the arresting officers. The petitioners are expected in court again on April 26, but the official ruling will not be announced until a month later. Got an opinion about the stories making headlines?
Islam and Politics in Kenya. Wrong language? Research supports these claims: "African history is replete with examples of both erotic and non-erotic same-sex relationships," says for example Ugandan law professor Sylvia Tamale.
Rawpapi Gay Tube Updated Daily
- As couples in Australia have to give authorities one month's notice of their nuptials, many of the first weddings took place just after midnight on January 9, - including that of Craig Burns and Luke Sullivan, pictured. The Star.
- They face prejudice in getting jobs, renting housing or seeking medical care or education. Therefore, let me clear the air on this issue, I never said anything of that sort!
- Healthy reef sounds luring fish back By environment reporter Nick Kilvert Underwater speakers playing healthy reefs noises double the amount of fish on damaged reefs, giving scientists hope that sound could be used to help restore them. They warned that "God is about to punish the fastest-growing town in the Coast region.
- Mama G is an openly gay man in a country where homosexuality is considered a crime punishable by up to 14 years in prison.
- And though the courts are mostly looking at the legal arguments presented, Mr.
A recent legal victory has given Kenya's gay community hope that the court will today rule in their favour. LGBT rights in Africa. Site Map. The gay community, like other groups, approached us and requested to be educated on safe sex.
Closely related to this, is a cartel of corrupt police officials who routinely extort and blackmail LGBTI persons with the threat of arrest and imprisonment if they do not give those bribes.